Increasing competition forces webmasters to consider cheaper types of promotion, in particular the promotion of low-frequency requests. Accordingly, internal optimisation is given great attention. Today we will consider one of its aspects – the use of h1 … h6.
Someone may say that this is a hackneyed topic and it was not worth it to even raise it. But when I had a couple of questions about how to properly use the tags h1 … h6, neither the search nor the forum could help. The answers, of course, were, but in the form of a bare theory, not confirmed by any facts.
The questions were as follows:
1. How to arrange tags h1 … h6?
The heading is in h1, everything is clear, but what about the rest? The information that was found was that there should be one h1 tag (the name of the post), then subsections are enclosed in h2, and, as necessary, h3 … h6 can be prescribed.
Everything is quite logical, the text is structured and easy to read. But … How to deal with the sidebar? Usually the name of the blocks “Rubrics, Archives …” is also enclosed in the h tag. Just what level?
I could not find the answer to this question. Therefore, I had to analyze several popular SEO blogs (who, if not SEOs, know how to use the tags h1 … h6). But, contrary to expectations, there was no definite answer.
Variants met the most diverse:
– heading – h1, subtitle – h2, sidebar – h3 …
– heading – h1, subtitle – h3, sidebar – h2 …
– heading – h1, subtitle – h2, sidebar – h2 …
Well, which of these options is correct in terms of search engine optimization? I invite blog readers to express their opinions in the comments, can we come to something common?
2. Is it possible to share the tags h and strong, b, i, em?
Not less interesting question. It is believed that they can not be used together. But why not? Where is it written and what consequences is fraught with? Someone wrote that inside the h tag there should be nothing but text. Okay, so be it, but what is so bad about this construction:
<strong> <h2> subtitle </ h2> </ strong>
Does it contradict the unwritten rule of using tags h1 … h6?
In addition, back to the popular and visited blogs. Among them there are many who use a combination of these tags and, judging by the traffic from search engines, this does not particularly hinder their promotion.
In general, I also invite you to express your opinion on this issue.
In conclusion, I will provide generalized information on the use of the h1… h6 accent tags, which I managed to find. So…
Proper use of h1 … h6
– it is necessary to observe the structure when arranging h1 … h6. That is, the greater the significance of the tag, the higher it should be placed on the page. Avoid situations where, for example, h2 will be located lower than h5;
– the more significant the tag, the larger the font should be;
– h1 tag should be used on the page no more than once;
– links inside the h tag are not allowed. First of all it concerns those who make the name of the post a link to the post. If you definitely want to insert an extra link, it is better to register it in the image;
– in tags h there must be a keyword, and if possible without “extra” text. Like this: <h2> emphasis tags </ h2>;
– do not use the h tag in conjunction with other accent tags.
That’s all the recommendations. The rest I propose to discuss in the comments. Surely you and yourself are wondering how to properly use h1 tags … h6.